What's new in CircleCI 2.0?
Full control of your build environment means you won't have to worry about it being outdated or updated without your knowledge. Run CI/CD without limits or bounds.
Flexible Resource Allocation
We realize continuous integration is not one-size-fits-all. With CircleCI 2.0 you can easily configure your resources (compute/memory) to best fit your team's needs for specific builds.
Helps you validate YML files and easily update your configuration to the latest version. Running jobs in your local environment ensures faster remediation of issues.
Speed up your builds even more with our expanded caching options, including images, source code, dependencies, and custom caches. Implement granular caching strategies with control over cache save and restore points throughout your jobs for optimal performance.
Run builds on machines in isolation for greater security. As always, when required to run or test your source code, CircleCI uses SSH and/or HTTPS encryption.
Native Docker Support
- Docker layer caching ensures fast, consistent, and accurate build results.
- Push/pull public and private images.
- Support for several public registries including Docker Hub, Google Container Registry, CoreOS Quay, and Amazon ECR.
- Docker Compose support helps define and run multi-container Docker applications.
- View runtime metrics with local builds (CPU, memory and others) so you can adjust box-type options (Docker, Docker Engine, virtual machine, etc) to ensure maximum efficiency in build times.
“We successfully migrated both repos and see phenomenal performance improvements, especially when we leverage caching! Our project's build times went from roughly 2:30 minutes to 1:30 (without cache) and 0:50 (with cache).”
“Today's experience on @circleci 2.0: my setup was so fast I had to explicitly wait for elasticsearch to start properly before running tests.”
“I'm bloody loving @circleci 2.0. When will it be generally available? I can sell this into work as a massive improvement over Jenkins.”
“Just tested the CircleCI 2 beta - blown away by how much faster it is!”
“The @circleci 2.0 is a huge improvement. Build times have done below 1 minute. Loving it!”