As an Analytics Engineer at CircleCI, you will be responsible for bridging the gap between our team of data platform engineers and data analysts. We are looking for an Analytics Engineer to join our team that will help build, maintain, and scale our processes to deliver well-defined, transformed, tested, documented and code-reviewed data to business users and downstream systems to help the company strategically use our data to operate and grow our business.
About Analytics Engineering at CircleCI
The Analytics Engineering team at CircleCI will work to apply software engineering methodologies to the production and maintenance of analytics code and transform raw data into consumable information and business logic. The team will build a workflow that tests data to ensure it is of high quality, documents all business logic, and ensures data models are running optimally in a production environment. The team will be instrumental in growing the velocity of the analytics process and will improve the quality of data by bringing a deep understanding of what the business needs into the transformation process and by bringing the rigor of software engineering to analytics code! We’re now looking for someone who brings the experience and entrepreneurial mentality to help us build out this team and domain.
What you’ll do:
- Work on high impact projects that improve data availability and quality, and provide reliable access to data for the rest of the business
- You’ll be the go-to analytics specialist at the company and will help bridge the gap between understanding business needs and knowing how to craft efficient, usable data models.
- Work with engineers, product managers, and data analysts to understand data needs
- Build data expertise and own data quality
- Help define the data and analytics strategy and technical direction, advocate for standard methodologies, and investigate new technologies
What we're looking for:
- Experience: 4+ years experience as a data analyst or analytics engineer and prior experience with software engineers or software engineering workflows
- Technical Skills: Proficient in SQL with experience programming in Python or another high-level language. Understanding of schema design for analytics and the operational needs of data pipelines. Just as comfortable getting quick answers with Excel
- A strong understanding of data quality testing
- Experience working with Snowflake, Looker and dbt preferred
- Technical Education: A bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, or Finance)
- Soft Skills and values:
- Problem-solving: You bring curiosity and a strong interest in data, discovery, and an entrepreneurial mentality to your work
- Openness: You’re open to questioning your assumptions and being questions, and resilient
- Communication: You’re an effective communicator across technical and business audiences
- Planning: You have an affinity for structure and efficiency and are able to balance planning and execution, and are able to optimize for incremental value delivery. You manage partner expectations gracefully
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools - processing more than 1 million builds a day - CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Base10, Greenspring Associates, Eleven Prime, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Baseline Ventures, Threshold Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, Owl Rock Capital, Next Equity Partners, Heavybit and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Colorado Salary Range: $160,000 - $200,000/year