Product Marketing Manager, Commercial
As the Product Marketing Manager, Commercial at CircleCI, you will be an integral part of optimizing our content and GTM efforts that will enable our growing Revenue team to effectively sell and retain the use of CircleCI into enterprise & commercial organizations across our global regions. To be successful in this role, you will collaborate closely with Revenue, Marketing, Business Development, and Design teams to produce content that aligns our GTM messaging with our revenue streams.
This role will have an emphasis on product areas impacting the commercial side of the business, including our analytics dashboard, premium support services, and changes impacting pricing and packaging.
What you’ll do:
Product marketing management:
- Understand behaviors, problems, needs, and use cases of our customer base
- Develop and optimize programs to increase adoption of CircleCI
- Determine where we can optimize our user experience by gathering various inputs, feedback loops, and learnings across the company
- Support and coordinate GTM release efforts with our product & delivery teams
- Partner with product management and growth teams to drive feature adoption across a multitude of channels (i.e. in-app based notifications, contextual emails, etc.)
- Contribute to competitive research and analysis. Identify core principle differences, strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities and determine ways to incorporate them into our programs
- Engage with industry analysts on feature concepts, messaging strategy, and releases
- Define measurable success. Own reporting and analysis for those success metrics. Drive for results and use data to measure progress.
Support account based and solutions marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with the revenue marketing team to support focused marketing initiatives targeting key accounts
- Map feature launches and product areas across our presonas, and identify opportunities for strategic marketing initiatives
- Identify opportunities and drive the development of new content that can be leveraged across our marketing channels in order drive demand/awareness from strategic segments of the market
Partner with enablement and training teams
- Partner closely with the Enablement team on content development; tie our value to personas in the various stages of the buying cycle
- Support Technical/Commercial Trainers with development of content and job aides to be used in customer engagements
- Expand upon our GTM teams’ initial enablement efforts; take content beyond launch and build further awareness of our features and capabilities
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of work experience in PMM, revenue marketing, product management, sales enablement,
- Sharp writing skills, excellent project management skills and a great communicator. Please be able to provide some writing samples.
- Experience developing sales kits and supporting materials in a scalable and efficient manner.
- Experience in a B2B technology company (preferably in the DevOps space) and an overall understanding of customer journey mapping
- Ability to think creatively and strategically while willing to roll up your sleeves and complete program delivery.
- Strong attention to detail and a capacity to set priorities and work within timelines.
- Fast learner with the ability to explain and distill information of technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Passion for our mission, our technology, and our innovative approach
- Bonus points for:
- Experience owning pricing/packaging for their organization
- Familiarity with the software developer community and ecosystem
- Graphic design and/or video production skills
We know there’s no such thing as a “flawless" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI encourages those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a résumé and cover letter describing what encourages you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (GitHub, Twitter, Stack, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
About Product Marketing at CircleCI
As part of the Marketing team, Product Marketing is responsible for the development and execution of our feature releases and go-to-market strategy, product positioning and value proposition development, buyer personas, customer insights, competitive analysis, and Revenue team enablement content and programs. We work in cross-functional teams, love to talk to customers, use data and user research to drive our decision making, believe in delivering quickly, measuring our results, and constantly refining our approach. We prioritize work that delivers the most impact across customer-facing touchpoints and is measurable and achievable.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in San Francisco with a global remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures (formerly DFJ), Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, Harrison Metal Capital, Owl Rock Capital Partners, and NextEquity Partners.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Colorado Salary Range: $104,000 - $130,000/year
Level: Mid-Senior Level