CircleCI is seeking a Senior Pricing Analyst to help accelerate CircleCI’s market adoption while delivering optimal value to our customers. In this role, you will collaborate with teams across the organization, including Product Management, Finance, Marketing, and Sales to uncover product insights, develop new business models, and optimize pricing and packaging using a scientific approach. Pricing touches every part of our business and is a critical component of a great customer experience.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze customer usage data and deal data to uncover insights. Define metrics that align with customer and business outcomes, develop dashboards to supervise overall pricing, analyze trends, and flag any opportunities or issues.
- Perform deep-dive analytics including cohort analysis, sensitivity analysis, financial projections, and additional ad-hoc exercises.
- Model the tradeoffs of pricing and packaging decisions and help refine strategies for freemium, self-serve, and sales-assisted offerings to drive revenue and profitability.
- Build models to predict the potential impact of pricing changes by using activation, engagement, and retention data.
- Collaborate with Product, Finance, Marketing, Sales, and Analytics teams on dashboards and reporting.
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of professional experience in an analytics role (pricing, consulting, finance, etc.)
- Proficiency across analytics tools: Analytical SQL. Excel. Scripting in a notebook environment, using Python and Pandas. Intermediate statistics. Basic data science. Ability to quickly ramp up on GitHub, Snowflake, Looker, Amplitude, Segment, Optimizely, Airflow, DBT, and others.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or quantitative field (e.g., Analytics, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Finance, etc.). Bonus for a similar Master’s degree or a data science bootcamp.
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to draw reasonable assumptions and/or conclusions backed by thoughtful qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Effective communicator across technical and business audiences.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools - processing more than 1 million builds a day - CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Base10, Greenspring Associates, Eleven Prime, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Baseline Ventures, Threshold Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, Owl Rock Capital, Next Equity Partners, Heavybit and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
This role will report to Kiran Surapaneni, Senior Manager, Pricing Strategy and Operations.
Colorado Salary Range: $112,000 - $140,000/year
Level: Mid-Senior Level