CircleCI seeks an experienced Senior/Staff Engineer who is excited to craft the future of our internal development platform. You’ll join a distributed team in an engineering organization that values teamwork, trust, and learning. We’re growing fast and looking for folks to join our mission: enabling thousands of developers to do better work every single day.
About Infrastructure & Data at CircleCI
The Infrastructure & Data Group at CircleCI is composed of multiple teams that:
- Fosters a culture of observability, availability, and monitoring.
- Assist teams to leverage tools to gain better insight into the behavior of their systems in production.
- Collaborate across teams to evolve our platform architecture.
- Write sustainable, high-quality, high-performance code.
The Infrastructure Engineering team is focused on delivering a reliable platform of shared infrastructure components to host CircleCI services.
- Design, build and operate shared cloud infrastructure at scale
- Focus on automation, observability and shared tooling
What we're looking for:
Do you love collaboration and teamwork? Are you eager to learn new things and help others learn, too? Are you a strong communicator in both synchronous and asynchronous mediums? If so, here’s the additional qualities we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of infrastructure development experience with micro-services and distributed systems.
- Ability to see problems and projects to completion.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams that deliver high-quality code with strong testing practices.
- Work transparently and collaboratively within a distributed team.
- Strive for continuous learning and improvement for yourself and your team, providing technical mentorship wherever possible.
- Participates in rotating on-call duties, including incident management
CircleCI Engineering Competency Matrix
The Engineering Competency Matrix is our internal career growth system for engineers. This position is level E4. If you are not sure this is you, we encourage you to apply. Find more about the matrix in this blog post.
Work remotely with our globally distributed team!
We’re a distributed company with teammates across the world. For this role, we are hiring engineers to work remotely in Japan!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Level: Mid-Senior Level