CircleCI is looking for a diligent Staff Accountant to join an outstanding team in an exciting rapid growth environment. In this role you’ll perform tasks ranging from day to day accounting operations to helping implement scalable systems and processes as the company grows. This position will report to the Senior Accounting Manager and will continue to evolve with the growth of the company.
What you'll do:
- Be a great teammate
- Assist payroll team to ensure US and international payroll journal entries are processed in an accurate and timely manner
- Reconcile payroll-related accounts
- Process vendor invoices within Bill.com and maintain good vendor relations
- Process expense reports within Expensify and help carry out company policies
- Research and respond to internal and external vendor invoice or payment inquiries
- Post and reconcile credit card transactions (BREX) ensuring compliance with corporate policy
- Reconcile bank statements
- Month-end close duties involve the creation of journal entries, bank reconciliations and other balance sheet reconciliations (fixed assets, prepaids, etc.)
- Assist the team with special projects as they arise
- Prepare documents requested by Auditors for annual audits (domestic and international)
- Annual 1099 reports
- Assist with the implementation of new systems (Travel management, Procurement system, etc)
- Continually work to improve and evolve accounting processes
What we're looking for:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field
- 2+ years of GL/Payroll/AP accounting experience
- Experience in Netsuite a plus
- Prioritize multiple projects and responsibilities to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in an ever changing environment with changing priorities
- Strong Excel skills
- Detail oriented and organized
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools - processing more than 1 million builds a day - CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Base10, Greenspring Associates, Eleven Prime, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Baseline Ventures, Threshold Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, Owl Rock Capital, Next Equity Partners, Heavybit and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.