Are you passionate about data technology? You might be a great candidate for our data platform team!
Data is at the core of everything we do at CircleCI, and our data platform is what powers, controls, and stores it all. We’re seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join us and help grow our Data Platform to support CircleCI!
This is a permanent, full-time position for candidates in Canada.
You’re an experienced engineer in the data infrastructure or data platform fields. You know the challenges of platform work, balancing reactive tasks from stakeholders with investments in the platform, while still being productive and delivering value. You’re a great communicator and get energy and enjoyment from reaching out to others and helping meet their needs.
About Our Team
Data Platform at CircleCI is responsible for providing simple, reliable, fast, and secure access to the data that powers our business. We manage the data stores, pipelines, and processes that contain and govern data at CircleCI, and we make ourselves as accessible as possible to ensure that anyone in the company who needs data to do their jobs can get it.
Who we’re looking for:
An engineer who’s comfortable with both the technologies we use, and working on a close-knit, collaborative team. We work to meet the needs of our users throughout the business, so a multi-functional, collaborative, and service-minded attitude is key. We highly value good communication, empathy, and initiative in all of our engineers and employees. Some qualities specific to this opening include:
- A solid understanding of the fundamentals of data engineering and engineering at scale, including concepts like infrastructure-as-code, ETL, nix systems, and Git.
- Years of experience on a data platform, platform, operations, infrastructure, SRE, or a similarly-shaped team.
- Someone who understands the importance of shipping early and often, and has demonstrable experience working and delivering iteratively.
- An enthusiastic and effective communicator: interactions with our users across the business should be common and engaging to you, and you should be able to appeal to technical and non-technical listeners alike.
- On-call rotation experience.
- Snowflake, dbt, Fivetran, Airflow, Looker, postgreSQL, MongoDB.
- Modern ELT technologies, data warehousing, data lake, visualizations, structured queries and modern data movement concepts.
- Working remotely and with a fully distributed, global team/company.
- Folks who model good work/life balance to the team and company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Quantitative Analysis, Business Analytics, Data Technologies, or Equivalent Work Experience
What you’ll do:
- Make sizable contributions to data platform projects, in collaboration with the rest of the team, ranging from building pipelines and data models to maintaining monitoring and alerting.
- Take the lead on medium-to-large sized initiatives and OKRs.
- Proactively identify and resolve future technical risk.
- Meet with partners from across the company to help facilitate their data needs, and listen to them on how to make our platform better.
- Participate in our on-call engineering rotation.
CircleCI Engineering Competency Matrix
This role will be for level E3 (Senior Software Engineer) on our Engineering Competency Matrix, our internal career growth system for engineers. These are the minimum expectations for this position, but we are always willing to discuss bringing people on at more senior positions when appropriate. Read our blog post about the competency matrix to learn more.
- Job title: Senior Software Engineer
- Terms of employment: Permanent Full-Time
- Minimum education requirement: Bachelor’s or Equivalent Work Experience
- Business entity name: CircleCI Technologies Canada Ltd.
- Operating address: 181 BAY STREET, SUITE 4400, TORONTO, ON M5J 2T3
- Salary: $137,500 - $186,000
- Other benefits: Unlimited PTO, extended health care, dental care, health care spending account, basic life/AD&D insurance, short term and long term disability insurance
- Language of work: English
- Contact information: email@example.com