The Area Director will drive the success of a tenured and growing Enterprise and Strategic Account Executive team across the US.
This leader will be passionate about building a world-class sales mentality; developing hard-working AEs into consistently successful salespeople making meaningful contributions to the global growth of CircleCI. They'll believe strongly in inclusivity, accountability and constant feedback. They'll collaborate with internal partners to improve sales strategy, pipeline generation, contract process and other key elements of our machine.
What you'll do:
- Guide the team in building, implementing and carrying out Enterprise account strategies for both existing and net-new logos.
- Build and maintain a proactive sales process, utilising the Challenger sales methodology, taking control of customer interactions to ensure the best outcomes.
- Be a champion for pipeline generation, ensuring AEs understand how to find their own opportunities, as well as those from the normal marketing and SDR channels.
- Initiate deliberate and detailed training programs to mentor and coach the team, growing their capabilities over time.
- Prioritise a sense of belonging; develop an inclusive, trusting team of collaborative individuals.
- Build and implement improvements in the sales process by understanding and representing the sales team’s issues and ideas to leadership and other partners.
- Work closely with CircleCI's outstanding sales leadership team to support AEs, forecast pipeline and revenue, and champion progress.
What we're looking for:
- 4+ years of technology sales experience, including 2+ years running complex Enterprise deal cycles ($100,000+ contracts), and 1+ years leading a team.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize time optimally working with cross-functional partners
- Native Curiosity and Passion for sales and technology
- Extensive experience using Salesforce as a manager
- Experience closing net new and expansion deals
- Excellent leadership skills and high emotional intelligence
- Skilled negotiator with a high close rate
- Preference for candidates who have experience selling technology to technologists (Dev Teams, CTOs, VP of Eng, etc.)
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools - processing more than 1 million builds a day - CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Base10, Greenspring Associates, Eleven Prime, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Baseline Ventures, Threshold Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, Owl Rock Capital, Next Equity Partners, Heavybit and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Colorado Salary Range: $144,000 - $180,000/year, plus applicable bonuses