As a DevOps Customer Engineer (DCE) at CircleCI, you will be responsible for providing elite post-sales technical leadership to our client base. The DCE must be the subject matter expert on both the CircleCI platform and continuous integration and deployment as a general practice. Delivering value by driving adoption of CircleCI across the client’s enterprise will be goal number one.
The successful candidate for this job will have a strong technical aptitude along with a strong self-starting, proactive mentality. Building, maintaining, and growing deep, lasting relationships with customers is a critical part of this role. CircleCI has very technical end users, and we deal with complex issues daily. The ability to provide clear, quick, and concise recommendations while also creating excitement and loyalty in our customer base should be a constant thought and come almost as second nature.
You must be willing to work west coast hours, which are 9:00am - 5:00pm pst.
What you'll do:
- Work together with customers to help them setup CircleCI, both on circleci.com and in their own private cloud, including any custom setup they may need
- Partner with your Customer Success Manager to onboard and support our customers.
- Be creative and let your resourcefulness shine in solving customer technical problems and answering customer questions
- Act as the voice of the customer and provide customer feedback to internal product teams to contribute to moving the product forward in a way that best suits our customers
- Work closely with the Product and Engineering teams to improve the customer experience across the whole platform
- Become an authority on the CircleCI solution
- Deliver and recommend in depth technical trainings for various topics to ensure customers succeed using CircleCI
- Assist customers in deploying CircleCI in private clouds to Kubernetes clusters
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of technical product support, engineering, or experience deploying software in the enterprise
- Experience working directly with customers to debug common errors
- Ability to tie business problems to technical solutions and understand technology value propositions
- Demonstrated and proven capacity to quickly absorb new concepts and technologies
- Must have spent at least one year using and scripting *nix
- Git and GitHub knowledge required
- Solid understanding of Docker or Linux containers and Kubernetes required
- Developed and maintained an app or two in a high-level programming language
- Must believe that the best way for all to succeed is to honestly discuss product and company abilities and limitations with customers
- Strong ops / infrastructure knowledge, especially networking and security
- Great relationship building skills and a good people person
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Must be comfortable communicating with customers live (via Zoom)
- Must be able to adapt to unexpected problems on customer calls and handle them in a professional manner
- Must be able to communicate complex technological concepts to customers that are in a non-technical field
- Experience with build, test, and deployment automation, either as a practitioner or in a customer-facing role
- Ability to understand and resolve networking issues that may prevent communication between different components
- Experience with popular web app frameworks (e.g. Rails, Django) and/or mobile app development (iOS, Android)
- Knowledge of Go and Clojure a plus!
- Experience using and automating a major IaaS like AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Management of autoscaling technologies (e.g. launch configurations in AWS)
- Familiarity deploying and debugging distributed systems, especially with Hashicorp Nomad, specifically, a plus!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools - processing more than 1 million builds a day - CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Base10, Greenspring Associates, Eleven Prime, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Baseline Ventures, Threshold Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, Owl Rock Capital, Next Equity Partners, Heavybit and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Colorado Salary Range: $96,000 - $120,000/year, plus applicable bonuses