Senior DevOps Customer Engineer
As a Senior DevOps Customer Engineer at CircleCI you will be responsible for providing outstanding post-sales technical leadership to our most important client base. You will be the authority on both the CircleCI platform, underlying technologies, and continuous integration and deployment as a general practice. Delivering value by driving adoption of CircleCI across the client’s enterprise and solving complex customer issues are pivotal to CircleCI continuing to grow and maintaining our edge over our competitors, as well as striving to be industry leaders in the CI/CD space.
The successful candidate for this job will have a strong technical curiosity along with a strong self-starting, proactive mentality. The ability to build, maintain, and grow deep, lasting relationships with customers is a critical part of this role. You’re going to be working with very technical users and complex issues, but you’re also tasked with creating excitement and dedication in the customers you interact with.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely to assist customers as they set up CircleCI, both on circleci.com and in their own private cloud, including any custom setup they may need
- Partner with a Customer Success Manager to onboard and support our customers as well as be their dedicated technical point of contact
- Understand customer goals and create solutions and assets to drive success so customers can achieve their use cases with speed and confidence
- Provide technical clarity to customers regarding an array of technologies to help customers make informed decisions
- Assist customers with migrating projects to CircleCI from other solutions
- Act as the voice of the customer and provide customer feedback to internal product teams to contribute to moving the product forward in a way that best suits our customers
- As a senior-level role, you will also be responsible for coaching other DevOps Customer Engineers on supporting our product
- Ability to travel to team meetups 2x per year and the occasional in-person customer visit or conference
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of technical product support, Professional Services or consulting, engineering, or experience deploying software in the enterprise
- You can tie business problems to technical solutions and understand technology value propositions
- Demonstrated and proven capacity to quickly absorb new concepts and technologies
- You have spent at least one year using and scripting *nix
- Git and GitHub knowledge required
- You’ve developed and maintained an app or two in a high-level programming language
- You believe that the best way for all to succeed is to honestly discuss product and company abilities and limitations with customers
- Strong ops / infrastructure knowledge, especially networking and security
- Great relationship building skills and a good people person
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Experience with build, test, and deployment automation, either as a practitioner or in a customer-facing role
- Ability to solve networking issues that may prevent communication between different components
- Solid understanding of Docker or Linux containers and Kubernetes
- Experience with popular web app frameworks (e.g. Rails, Django) and/or mobile app development (iOS, Android)
- Knowledge of Go and Clojure a plus!
- Experience using and automating a major IaaS like AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Management of autoscaling technologies (e.g. launch configurations in AWS)
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools - processing more than 1 million builds a day - CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Base10, Greenspring Associates, Eleven Prime, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Baseline Ventures, Threshold Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, Owl Rock Capital, Next Equity Partners, Heavybit and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.