CircleCI is growing and needs your program and project management leadership skills to accelerate growth. These services and products need scaling and a thoughtful project integration artist who understands scope, sequencing, timing, and resourcing across multiple projects to improve company operations. Your role will be to develop and lead cross-departmental initiatives and projects that align CircleCI execution efforts.
You’ll teach others on standards for a nimble start up when it comes to running and reporting on projects and their associated progress, blockers, and risks. You will work with a small team of project managers to assist with guiding the transformation of the business. Critical to your success is developing tools and methods for others to use as practitioners across the function to lead their own projects with your mentorship and support. Your job will be to ensure all the trains run on time and to build a project management competence across the organization.
What you’ll do:
- Develop cross departmental and intra-company project plans
- Provide summary reporting to CxOs on projects health and status on cross-company initiatives
- Maintain a portfolio of projects for programs that are cross-departmental in nature
- Own the scoping and refinement of projects with Project Leads to set up projects for success from the beginning
- Teach, instruct and lead by example on how to effectively deliver timely, cross functional projects
What we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years project/program management experience
- Corporate governance, M&A, transformation, corporate restructuring, carve-outs or transformation project management experience preferred
- Pre and post public company project management experience in a company that is scaling or restructuring
- Master at sequencing projects and workstreams, communicating dependencies
- Quick, efficient and to the point - you know how to jump in and understand how to remove roadblocks and drive engagement
- Have run cross-company initiatives while working together to lead through a large scale change or annual project/initiative
- Outstanding reporter - understand what needs to be communicated to whom and the right level of detail
- Practiced interpersonal skills to build alliances and networks of supporters
- Able negotiator to help people through change management
- Effective change agent in driving awareness, desire, knowledge, ability and the reinforcement bespoke for effective change management
- You geek out on project management subject areas and practices, but can apply just enough structure to get the job done!
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools - processing more than 1 million builds a day - CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Base10, Greenspring Associates, Eleven Prime, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Baseline Ventures, Threshold Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, Owl Rock Capital, Next Equity Partners, Heavybit and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Colorado Salary Range for this role is