CircleCI is looking for a highly motivated finance professional to join our growing finance team (fully remote considered on a case-by-case basis - preference will be given to West Coast candidates). Within this GTM FP&A Manager role, you will assist with GTM financial planning and analysis (FP&A) and cross-departmental initiatives, including budgeting & forecasting, monthly & board reporting, strategic decision support, modeling as well as other ad hoc reporting and analysis. The position is a high-visibility role supporting the GTM leadership and will require building strong working relationships across the company at all levels of the organization. This position reports to the Director of FP&A, GTM, who oversees our global top-line performance and serves as a key business partner to our GTM organizations.
What you'll do:
- Support GTM leaders on annual operating plan, quarterly/monthly forecasting, and manage Opex and headcount for all GTM budget owners. Provide BVA analysis and monthly/quarterly management reports.
- The ability to build, support and maintain predictive models by identifying and incorporating key inputs to project financial results. Understand drivers of expense mitigation and optimization techniques.
- Partner with our sales, marketing, customer success and business development teams to determine the core levers of our business and to identify and drive revenue maximizing initiatives. Use strong data mining and analytical skills to drive and provide financial insights.
- Work to continuously improve reporting capabilities for better tracking of critical metrics and financial performance. Drive, improve, forecast and report metrics related to revenue, and S&M efficiency: Annual Recurring Revenue, Net Revenue Retention, cohort growth and productivity.
- Develop insightful and measurable ad-hoc analyses as needed. Analyzing financial results, distilling/synthesizing key trends, assessing current and future business risk, and communicating key messages to senior management
- Provide practical and consultative financial guidance to drive business decision-making, and perform return on investment analysis to assist decision making.
- Partner with the GTM department leadership to drive strategic resource allocation decisions.
What we're looking for:
- 7+ years of progressive finance experience, with a strong preference for those with prior experience in investment banking, strategy consulting, or business intelligence and data analytics. GTM experience preferred.
- Proactive and driven. A self-starter who can work with minimal guidance and comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Operating with a sense of urgency, articulating roadblocks or knowledge gaps as they arise, in order to meet deadlines and deliverables.
- Excellent follow through on direction and assignment to help build world class financial deliverables. Have the initiative and drive to work through deliverables that have not been created to set a baseline for future department projects
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; has previously been in a role where communication to external partners was a key component
- Strong understanding of accounting and financial concepts
- Given a business question, you can independently design and implement an analysis, gather the required inputs from key partners, and iterate/adjust as needed
- Expert-level proficiency in Excel (you are someone that uses keyboard shortcuts, tables/ lookups, pivot tables, and likely prefer a PC)
- Experience analyzing large data sets and working with financial systems (Netsuite/Planful) preferred
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools - processing more than 1 million builds a day - CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Base10, Greenspring Associates, Eleven Prime, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Baseline Ventures, Threshold Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, Owl Rock Capital, Next Equity Partners, Heavybit and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.