We’re seeking a results-driven Mid-Market Sales Manager, US East who will be responsible for ensuring the success of a Mid-Market Account Executive team in the North America-East region. The manager will be tasked with ensuring their team can prospect and close business successfully. They also should maintain and continuously improve an inclusive, accountable, and diverse team culture. They will collaborate with internal partners to improve sales strategy, including overall sales administration process, outbound prospecting and pipeline generation, product trial management, contracting, closing, and transition to customer success.
Are you passionate about helping drive sales through solving complex customer needs? If so, you have what we're looking for!
What you'll do:
- Lead Account Executives in targeting accounts—both in our self-serve/"freemium" customer base and net new to CircleCI, establishing consistent sales practices, and ultimately closing deals
- Build a trusting, collaborative environment for your team
- Build and implement improvements in the sales process
- Understand and represent the sales team’s issues and ideas for improvement to leadership and partners
- Work closely with the Director of Sales to support AEs, forecast pipeline and revenue, and champion progress
- Mentor and coach Account Executive team, growing their capabilities over time
- Accurately track and report on sales metrics, using Salesforce and Outreach.io
- Meet with prospects in the region as needed, travel approximately 15%
- Use customer feedback to generate ideas about new features or products
What we're looking for:
- 4+ years of technology sales experience, including 2+ years running complex deal cycles ($100,000+ contracts), and 1+ years managing a team
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize time optimally
- Native Curiosity and Passion for sales and technology
- Extensive experience using Salesforce as a manager
- Experience closing net new deals and assisting in upsell/expansion opportunities
- Excellent leadership skills and high emotional intelligence
- Skilled negotiator with a high close rate
- BA/BS Degree in related field (Business, Entrepreneurship, Sales/Marketing, or Computer Science Preferred)
- Preference for candidates who have experience selling technology to technologists (Dev Teams, CTOs, EAs, etc.)
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools - processing more than 1 million builds a day - CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Base10, Greenspring Associates, Eleven Prime, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Baseline Ventures, Threshold Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, Owl Rock Capital, Next Equity Partners, Heavybit and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Salary Range: $126,000 - $150,000 / year, plus applicable bonuses or commission