You will be a key player on our highly creative Corporate Communications team and will join those responsible for telling CircleCI’s stories to the world!
Your challenge will be to seek, bring together, and package up a drumbeat of CircleCI news via friendly reporters and outlets who get our space, while also translating CircleCI to more mainstream business and technology press. While every day may require something different, an average day could look something like: trend-spotting in the morning, working across teams to draft a news announcement in the afternoon, and polishing commentary for a timely media opportunity before signing off. You’ll have access to the data, customers, partners, and other collaborators that will fuel successful stories.
Do you want to make your mark? You will learn about our strategy for content creation and news generation and develop improvements to the strategy. You will increase the value that we deliver through content by providing extended research, including interviewing SMEs throughout the organization. Our content has been published in the likes of WSJ, TechCrunch, Axios, Protocol, VentureBeat and Forbes. Join a team with a confirmed record of success!
This contract to hire role comprises of 30 hours a week to start with the future possibility of conversion. It is ideal for someone looking to experiment with the transition from a PR agency to an in-house position, or an expert PR professional looking for a flexible but high-impact role. This role reports to our Director of Public Relations, and will be supported by a US and an EMEA PR firm.
About Corporate Communications at CircleCI:
Corporate Communications tells CircleCI’s story, and engages our audience of developers and business leaders with useful, concrete, and targeted content. We collaborate with the Product Marketing team on product launches, partners and customers and investor contacts, our executives on company direction and thought leadership projects, as well as the Developer Relations / Analyst Relations team(s), content vendors, to build the most insightful content possible for our customers.
What you’ll do:
- Share the CircleCI story with media. The main focus is on driving the PR strategy and outcomes for our technology platform, product releases, and broad GTM activities
- Consistently generate new storylines and ideas based off data, trends, and company news
- Work closely with our data analysts, developer advocates, product marketing managers, and SMEs across the entire organization to find, polish, and distribute stories via PR, speaking, thought leadership, and awards
- Advocate with product, marketing, and revenue teams for the ingredients you need for PR success
- Build content to support PR success which includes a range of content - be it in the form of commentary, Q&As, full bylines, reports and whitepapers, exec talks and award submissions
- Support the communications strategy and goals for ongoing product launches and corporate momentum
What we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of PR experience
- Creativity and aim to push the boundaries of technical themes to make them map back to business and society trends
- Desire for crafting excellent content and making that content discoverable and accessible
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high growth environments where change and adaptation are the norm
- Excellent written communication skills. Details like grammar matter
- Ability to collaborate across teams: someone people will want to work with again and again
- Social skills. There is a lot to follow, with loads of details and boxes to check. Being able to oversee many moving parts is a requirement
- Ability to be self-directed and strategic: you can lay out a plan, articulate why that plan will deliver the highest value and impact, and implement.
- Passionate about technology. You don’t need a computer science background, but you do need to be highly curious and enthusiastic about tech and developer tooling. Experience with dev tooling is extraordinary, but the right resourceful person would also succeed in this role
- Previous agency experience and in-house experience
- Experience in Developer-focused or high-technology companies
How to apply
We know there’s no such thing as a “detailed" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI encourages those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, we'd love to hear from you. Along with your resume and cover letter, please include 2-3 of your favorite PR hits with a few sentences on the impact these pieces brought to your or your clients’ organization along with how you secured each.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has outstanding access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team efficiency, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Pay Rate: $50.00 - $70.00 per hour