Senior Full Stack Engineer
CircleCI is looking for a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join our First Time User Experience (FTUX) Team. Are you interested in working with a team of full-stack engineers that are empathetic, creative, and curious about the experience of our newest users? If so, you will expand your skills to contribute to the growth of our product and business.
The Engineering Competency Matrix is our internal career growth system for engineers. This position is level E3. If you’re not sure this is you, we encourage you to apply. Find more about the matrix in this blog post.
The FTUX team is passionate about our newest customers, guiding them through sign up, onboarding, and helping them get the most out of CircleCI.
We achieve this by working closely with our design, user research, and product counterparts to build experiences that are intuitive, efficient, and resilient. We objectively measure our deliveries to determine success, and iterate as we learn. We face challenges as learning opportunities, reflect on our progress and share lessons outwardly.
We frequently work with many teams across the CircleCI Platform and are positioned to influence the strategic direction of the product.
What You'll Get To Do
You will be accountable for the technical ownership of feature delivery, and will accomplish this by collaborating with other specialists. You are going to be a key contributor to the software creation process, and in addition to this, you will:
- Deliver high exposure projects and tasks, and are keen to have a significant impact on our business.
- Hypothesize, plan, architect, implement, and monitor the impact of new features.
- Collaborate with your engineering teammates through planning, pairing, testing, reviewing and delivery of the features that you build.
- Use Typescript and React (if you don't know these, we will help you learn!).
What we’re looking for
Our senior engineers are curious and highly motivated to learn something every day! If you are interested in having strategic impact on a business as an engineer, here are some attributes that will make you stand out:
- Your happiness comes from what you learn, not what you build. You support a learning culture, and seek continuous learning and improvement.
- You are a strong communicator and enjoy building positive relationships with your colleagues, brainstorming and developing ideas together. You have strong feedback skills and communicate openly with your team and are open to being wrong and having your mind changed.
- We practice continuous delivery to a production environment. You seek regular, incremental delivery over completeness, to bring value to our users, and continuously test your changes.
- We spend around 90% of our time in the frontend.
- We are comfortable with ambiguity and are inventive to seek solutions to problems that arise from change. You are comfortable adjusting to changing priorities, making conscious tradeoffs when mentorship is limited and information is incomplete, and implementing methodologies from scratch when needed.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.