We are seeking a highly skilled Cloud Economist to join our team. The Cloud Economist will be responsible for helping our organization optimize its use of cloud resources and reduce costs. This role requires strong analytical skills, technical expertise, and the ability to communicate findings and recommendations to collaborators effectively. The Cloud Economist will develop and implement strategies to optimize cloud spending, including negotiating contracts with cloud providers, implementing cost control measures, and finding opportunities for cost savings.
Role and Responsibilities
- Conduct a detailed analysis of current and past cloud resource utilization to identify optimization and cost reduction opportunities.
- Implement opportunities to reduce costs and optimize cloud spending across GCP and AWS.
- Work with multi-functional teams to understand business objectives and figure out most efficient cloud solutions.
- Negotiate contracts with cloud providers to secure favourable terms and pricing
- Implement processes for ongoing monitoring and analysis of cloud resource utilization and costs.
- Develop and present recommendations for optimizing cloud resource utilization and reducing costs to collaborators
- Collaborate with technical teams and architects to design and implement cost-saving solutions.
- Stay up-to-date with industry best practices and technologies related to cloud economics.
- Proven experience in cloud economics, cloud resource optimization, or related field
- Strong analytical skills and experience using data analysis tools (e.g. Excel, SQL)
- Experience with cloud computing technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Demonstrable experience working directly with the GCP and AWS marketplaces
- Experience negotiating multi-year contracts with cloud providers
- Experience analyzing and interpreting data to identify trends and opportunities for improvement
- Experience with cost optimization tools (e.g. CloudHealth, Cloudability) is a plus
- Certified Cloud Economist (CCE) or equivalent certification is a plus
- [Bonus] Solutions architecture and/or software engineering experience with cloud services
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work optimally in a distributed team environment
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools - processing more than 1 million builds a day - CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Base10, Greenspring Associates, Eleven Prime, IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Baseline Ventures, Threshold Ventures, Scale Venture Partners, Owl Rock Capital, Next Equity Partners, Heavybit and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.