This document describes how you can connect Insights data with third party providers.
Sumo Logic integration
Sumo Logic users may track and visualize analytical data across all of their jobs on CircleCI. To do so, use the Sumo Logic Orb and Sumo Logic app integration from the Sumo Logic partner integrations site.
The CircleCI dashboard for Sumo Logic
- Total Job
- Total Successful Jobs
- Total Failed Jobs
- Job Outcome
- Average Runtime in Seconds (by Job)
- Jobs By Projects
- Recent Jobs (latest 10)
- Top 10 Slowest Failed Jobs In Seconds
- Top 10 Slowest Successful Jobs In Seconds
Install the CircleCI dashboard by using the App Catalog from the dashboard home page.
This dashboard receives data through the CircleCI Sumo Logic orb which must be included in your projects to be tracked.
The Sumo Logic orb
Find the latest version of the Sumo Logic orb on the Orb Registry.
1. Import the Sumo Logic orb.
Add the Sumo Logic orb to your project by including the top-level
orbs key and import
firstname.lastname@example.org as follows, replacing
x.y.z with the latest version number at the link above.
orbs: sumologic: email@example.com
2. Add workflow-collector to workflow.
workflow-collector job runs concurrently along side your workflow and sends analytics to Sumo Logic until all of the jobs in your workflow have completed.
version: 2.1 workflows: build-test-and-deploy: jobs: - sumologic/workflow-collector # add this job to track workflow. - build - test: requires: - build - deploy: requires: - test
3. Create two source collectors.
You will need to create two source collectors on Sumo Logic which will return an HTTPS URL. Your job data will be sent to this HTTPS URL.
You will need to create one called
circleci/job-collector and another called
To create the two source collectors:
- From the dashboard select the Setup Wizard.
- Select Set Up Streaming Data.
- Scroll to the bottom and select All Other Sources.
- Select HTTPS Source.
- For the
Source Categoryenter one of the two mentioned above.
- Save the resulting URL.
4. Add environment variables.
For each of the URLs produce in the previous step, create the corresponding environment variable.
This will link the orb with your Sumo Logic dashboard.
Your Sumo Logic dashboard will now begin to populate with data as each job runs on CircleCI.
Refer to the Orbs Introduction document to learn more about using and authoring orbs.
Help make this document better
This guide, as well as the rest of our docs, are open-source and available on GitHub. We welcome your contributions.
- Suggest an edit to this page (please read the contributing guide first).
- To report a problem in the documentation, or to submit feedback and comments, please open an issue on GitHub.
- CircleCI is always seeking ways to improve your experience with our platform. If you would like to share feedback, please join our research community.
CircleCI Documentation by CircleCI is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.