Do you enjoy talking about software delivery as much as you love enabling it?
As a Pre Sales Solutions Engineers at CircleCI, we are the customer’s trusted technical advisor and authorities on CI/CD practices. We provide strategic guidance and hands-on support for CircleCI’s largest customers to eliminate friction and accelerate outcomes.
About Solutions Engineering at CircleCI
Solutions Engineers are the technical leads of the sales cycle. Our team collaborates with Account Executives to identify friction or pain in our customer's software delivery process, and outlining the ways CircleCI can break down silos, increase efficiency and accelerate the critical build-measure-learn feedback loop. We delight software teams and drive business outcome!
What you’ll do:
- Demonstrate the technical feasibility of the CircleCI platform to highly technical audiences crafting the right technical proofs and examples.
- Guide the technical implementation and day-to-day management of CircleCI Trials and Proof-of-Concepts, integrating each customer's chosen technology stack - ensuring early success and a long-term business relationship.
- Use knowledge of common software delivery methodologies like agile, CI/CD, and DevOps to identify the right practices, tools, and technologies for each individual need.
- Partner closely with our customer success teams to craft an outstanding customer experience - for life.
- Close the product feedback loop through our collaboration with Product and Engineering teams to help build product roadmaps based on market/customer requirements.
- Author blog posts, host webinars, staff conference booths; generally promote the value of CircleCI far and wide.
What we're looking for:
- Outstanding interpersonal skills. You feel comfortable leading presentations and demos of our platform to audiences; both technical and non-technical, in-person and virtually
- Ability to work with customers directly to debug common errors without involving an engineer
- Ability to correlate business problems to technical solutions and understand technology value propositions
- Knowledge of how to use Git in general and ideally GitHub in particular and have spent a decent amount of time using and scripting *nix
- You’ve built applications in a high-level programming language, using CI/CD pipelines to automate the build, test, deployment activities.
- A strong belief that the best way for all to succeed is to honestly discuss product and company abilities and limitations with customers. We don't oversell at CircleCI
- Strong ops/infrastructure knowledge (IaaS, Containers, Networking), experience working with security teams.
Technologies we look for:
Our customers depend on languages and technologies all over the map. Your broad experience bolsters our team's well-rounded knowledge of key technologies and major players.
We love to see experience in technologies like Docker, Nginx, Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS/Azure/GCP, Java, Golang -- but more meaningful than knowledge of any single technology is your exposure to many and an endless curiosity to learn.
Work remotely with our globally distributed team!
We’re a distributed company with teammates across the world. For this role, we are hiring engineers to work remotely in The United States, Ireland, Germany, United Kingdom and through our affiliate, Continuous Labs, in the following Canadian provinces: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island and Saskatchewan.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Colorado Salary Range: $104,000 - $130,000/yr, plus applicable bonuses