Overview of position:
As an Associate Content Marketing Manager, you’ll become a key player on our small but mighty content team. You will join the folks responsible for telling our brand story to the world. This role is primarily centered around the management of the growing list of evergreen content that we provide to our community. You will learn about our strategy for making improvements to our content, develop improvements to the strategy, and work with the team to make them happen. You’ll increase the value that we deliver through content by providing extended research, including interviewing SMEs throughout the organization. We have produced content that ranks among the best in the industry. Join a team with a proven track record of success!
This is a contract to hire role. 20 hours a week to start with high chances of conversion after 12 months!
About Content Marketing at CircleCI:
Content Marketing tells CircleCI’s story, and engages our audience of developers and business leaders with useful, concrete, and targeted content. Content belongs to the Corporate Communications team within Marketing and oversees owned and contributed content, brand voice and tone for the company, and creating assets for both lead generation and brand awareness campaigns. We work closely with the Product Marketing team on launches, the Demand Generation/SEM team on targeting, as well as the Developer Relations team, content vendors, and our very own technical author program on creating the best technical content possible for our audience.
What you’ll do:
- Maintain and update our existing library of top-performing blog content
- Project management of content updates including scheduling
- Re-writing and refreshing copy
- Applying SEO optimizations
- Ensure consistency in titling and tagging
What we’re looking for:
- You’re passionate about crafting phenomenal content and making that content discoverable and accessible!
- Excellent written communication skills. Our audience is made up of developers; details like grammar matter.
- Ability to collaborate across teams: you’re someone people will want to work with again and again.
- A degree in Business Admin/Marketing Management/Marketing is great, but the right candidate with English/Creative Writing/Journalism could be a fit. Most important is an understanding of the business objectives for content marketing.
- Willingness to learn how to pull, understand, and act on content analytics: you’ll gain experience with Google Analytics, Amplitude, ahrefs, and SEMRush and improve our process based on what you learn.
- Organizational skills. We update 1 piece of content per week, we want to increase that. There is a lot to follow, with loads of details and boxes to check. Being able to monitor many moving parts is a requirement.
- Ability to be self-directed and strategic: you can lay out a plan, articulate why that plan will deliver the highest value and impact, and execute.
- Excitement about technology. You don’t need a computer science background, but you do need to be highly curious and enthusiastic about tech and developer tooling, because you'll be talking about operating systems, infrastructure, and DevOps day in and day out. Experience with dev tooling is fantastic, but the right curious and resourceful person would also succeed in this role.
- Familiarity with Contentful or other CMS is a plus.
How to apply
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. Please include 3-5 writing samples, and if applicable, any video content you’ve created/produced. If you write a blog, have a YouTube channel, or other presence on the web we would love to hear about it.
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Bill Rate: $30/hr