See the What’s new in server 3.x doc for upgrade notes for this release.
What’s New in Release 3.3.0
- Nomad Autoscaler can now be used to scale Nomad clients. For more information see the execution environments installation docs.
- Webhooks are now available.
- The Insights dashboard is now available.
- IRSA (AWS) can now be used as an alternative to keys for object storage authentication.
- The email address from which build notifications are sent is now configurable from the KOTS admin console.
- We have replaced Traefik with Kong as our reverse proxy. However, in order to minimize disruption when upgrading, we chose not to rename the service used by Kong. Therefore, you will see a service named circleci-server-traefik, however, this service is actually for Kong.
- Upgraded Python to v3 in Vault container.
- Docs improvements on using the shared VPC architecture in GCP.
- The JVM heap size has been updated so that
output-processorcan use up to 80% of the pod memory limit.
- Updating GitHub Enterprise with a modified Let’s Encrypt certificate is unsupported.
- Let’s Encrypt’s new root certificate
isrgrootx1is not trusted.
- Retry with SSH for jobs using the machine executor advertises a private IP address. For this reason, retry with SSH for jobs using the machine executor works as standard for private installations, but for public installs you would need to ensure that you can access the private IP advertised, for example, by using a VPN into your VPC.
- It is currently possible for multiple organizations under the same CircleCI server account to have contexts with identical names. This should be avoided as doing so could lead to errors and unexpected behavior.
- CircleCI 1.0 builds are not supported. If an attempt is made to run a 1.0 build, no feedback will be available in the application to indicate the cause of the issue. If a build is run on your installation and does not show up in the CircleCI application, users should be directed to use the CircleCI CLI to validate the project configuration and get details of the possible cause of the issue.
- The KOTS admin console cannot be upgraded if your installation is set up to be behind a proxy. The proxy settings will be deleted and cause the KOTS admin console to break.
- Runner cannot be used when server is installed behind a proxy.
To learn more about Server 3.x installation, migration, or operations please see our documentation.