See the CircleCI server 4.1 release notes for upgrade notes for this release.
When upgrading from server v3.x you will need to install v4.0 before installing this version.
What’s New in Release 4.1.0
- Air-gapped installation is now supported on server v4.1.
- Self-signed certificates or private certificate authorities are now supported when using GitHub Enterprise.
- For new installations, Tink can be used as the encryption backend instead of Vault.
- The minimum Telegraf version is now set to
- Nomad and Vault images are now stored in templates, rather than hardcoded in charts.
- The Nomad Terraform configurations now have the Nomad port hardcoded. Previously this needed to be entered manually.
- The Trigger Pipeline button in the web app now works for forked PRs, and an error message will be visible if the trigger fails.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing forked PRs from building if both the fork and original were building on CircleCI.
- Fixed a bug that was causing intermittent status updates for jobs in GitHub.
- Vault may not refresh its client token after a month of uptime.
- Retry with SSH for jobs using the machine executor advertises a private IP address. For this reason, retry with SSH for jobs using the machine executor works as standard for public installations, but for private installs you would need to ensure that you can access the private IP advertised. For example, by using a VPN into your VPC.
- CircleCI 1.0 builds are not supported. If an attempt is made to run a 1.0 build, no feedback will be available in the application to indicate the cause of the issue. If a build is run on your installation and does not show up in the CircleCI application, users should be directed to use the CircleCI CLI to validate the project configuration and get details of the possible cause of the issue.
To learn more about Server 4.x installation, migration, or operations please see our documentation.